Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular blog meme, Top Ten Tuesday. This week they ask us to share lists on:
November 24: Thanksgiving themed Freebie — ten books I’m thankful for, authors I’m thankful for, Ten fictional families I’d like to celebrate Thanksgiving with, a personal non-bookish thankful list, etc. etc.
Since this is kind of freebie I am going to write my list on ten bookish things of which I am thankful. They can be individual books, devises, authors, anything book related that I am grateful for as a reader.
Ten bookish things I am thankful for in my life.
- Libraries: As a reader, citizen and employee the public library system benefits my life greatly. I have access to free books, wi-fi, movies, audio books and so many more services that they provide free or almost free to all citizens. We do pay for these services through our tax dollars, but the access they provide are so worth it.
- My Nook: Hardly a day goes by that I do not use this device. I love my Nook and it has become a valuable tool that I use not only to read but to access the internet and entertain myself.
- Sherrilyn Kenyon: I wanted to pick one author for this list. While there are so many that I love to read I would have to say Ms. Kenyon is by far my favorite and I am eternally grateful that she shares these wonderful stories and characters with us.
- ARC Books: As a reader and reviewer I am thankful that publisher provide free advance copies of books for bloggers to review. It is always a thrill to be approved for any book and to get the opportunity to read the book before the general public is just the icing on the cake. Thank you publishes! You Rock!!! (especially all the ones that approve me regularly)
- Goodreads: This is a valuable tool for any reader or librarian. Through this site we can share our feedback with the reading community, keep track of our read and to-reads, search out new books, and keep up with series and authors. I use this site as often as I do Facebook!
- Book Bloggers: The book blogging community is awesome! There are some great bloggers and sites out there and I am thankful to be a part of this online community!
- Facebook: I am thankful for Facebook for more than bookish reasons, but this site lets me interact with not only fellow readers but authors as well. I can find posts about upcoming books, sales and just fun bookish memes that I enjoy reading and sharing with my fellow book nerds.
- Audio Books: This is a new reading format that I have begun utilizing this year. I am grateful that it allows me to stay entertained and active at the same time. I need to continue to use audio books when I don’t have time to sit down and just read. It is a great way to stay caught up on reading goals and get something done at the same time.
- Indie Authors: I am thankful for all the indie authors that work so hard and put themselves out there while following their dream. I may not be able to accept every book I am offered, but I do read the description of all the books that I am inquired about reviewing. Thank you for the offers and stories that I have enjoyed.
- Used and Indie Book Stores: Thank you. Thank your for giving us an option for buying books besides through the evil corporate machine. Thank you for giving used books a way to delight more people.