Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular blog meme, Top Ten Tuesday. This week they ask us:
November 10: Top Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I’m Looking Forward To or Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I Still Need To Watch
Now like most good bookworms I tend to live by the philosophy that the book is always better. Because it is, hands down the book will always be better than the condensed, highly edited, often poorly cast film adaptation. But, like most bookworms I also love to go see the visual interpretation of my most loved reads…hell even some not-so-loved reads. For my list this week I am going to stick to movies released that I haven’t seen and those that are coming soon. You know what that means…. The Martian will not be on this list (but I still managed to mention it. Go see it already).
Ten Movies based on books I want to see.
IMDb link: This is and book #9 are probably the only two movie adaptations I am looking forward to. This was such a good book, probably the best in the series in my opinion. Part of what made it so wonderful was the locations, and I am excited to see them up on the big screen.
- IMDb link: Haven’t read this one, probably won’t, but the movie looks cute and I’ll see it on DVD.
- IMDb link: Okay stop with the eye rolls. I did like this series and want to see how it transfers to the big screen.
- IMDb link: Here is another one I’ll wait for DVD. The first two movie adaptations have been pretty good, so I expect the trend to continue.
- IMDb link: The movie trailer for this movie got me so excited that I moved up the book in my reading priority. If you’ve read my review then you know that I did not care for the book, but that isn’t going to stop me from seeing the movie. Perhaps this will be one of the rare cases where the movie is better than the book.
- IMDb link: Haven’t read it and I don’t plan on reading it either, but I’ll watch the DVD.
- IMDb link: This one I want to read based upon the recommendation of a local reading buddy, hey Jen. Hopefully I’ll read it before I see it. Wait maybe I should learn my lesson from #5….
- IMDb link: I want to read this one, it is up on my to-read bookcase at the end of my bed, then I’ll borrow the DVD.
- IMDb link: I am very excited about this one! Kenyon has been teasing us with details about the movie adaptation for a couple of years now. Filming is set to start early next year and the movie comes out in 2017. I can wait.
- IMDb link: Alright I have to say I looked forever for one last book to movie for the list. Finally resorted to scouring other’s lists and decided I wouldn’t mind seeing this one. There I’m done…
I’ve learned one thing this week. I’m really not that into book to movie adaptations. Sure I loved The Martian (mention #2), but over all I can take them or leave them. I think it is similar to my problem with book clubs, most of the time they are not going to pick a book that I am interested in any way so I will just continue to Read (& Watch) What I Like…