Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular blog meme Top Ten Tuesday. This week they ask us to share lists on:
October 20: 10 Wishes I’d Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me (a new book from a certain author, a reading superpower, a library that is your absolutely #librarygoals, a character to come to life, to met a certain author etc. etc.) YOU DREAM IT AND THE BOOKISH GENIE CAN DO IT.
Confession time, I almost skipped this week… I was going to take a week off from blogging in an effort to reduce my reading pressure, but then decided that this week’s list sounded fun (and easy). So maybe next week I’ll take a breather because Halloween isn’t really my thing. Ironic I know with my love of vampires. Anyway lets get to the wishing.
Book Genie I wish…
- …that I could shake off this reading slump already. I want to be excited about reading again. I want my escape back. Help me please.
- …I had a no-limits credit card (that I didn’t have to pay back) for book and bookish purchases.
- …that I could have perfect vision. I’m getting older and the need for bifocals is becoming more and more apparent and it is not sitting well with me. I want to be able to see perfectly and never have my vision change.
- …that I could have signed ARC copies of all my favorite author’s upcoming book releases, forever.
- …that I could read faster. Or at least as fast as I used to. (side note I think this has something to do with #3 and #1)
- …Sherrilyn Kenyon would write Savitar’s book. Make her please.
- …that Amazon didn’t bully authors into becoming exclusive to them. Please make them stop that.
- …that I could attend BEA and/or Comic Con each year for free and all expenses paid (hotel, food, transportation).
- …that Hollywood would release two versions of every movie they convert from a book. One for the masses and an extended version that cuts nothing from the book for the book fans.
- …that I had magical powers to know exactly what I was in the mood to read next every time I finished a book and that I would know just by touching a book if I was going to like it or not. So basically a mood ring that glowed red for put the book down and walk away or green with an intensity indicator for how much I will like the book. The brighter the glow the more I’m going to love the book.
Well there you have my list for the week. What bookish wishes would you make from a book genie?