Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular blog meme Top Ten Tuesday. This week they ask us to share lists on:
September 22: Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR
I have to confess that I haven’t thought one minute about what I want to read this fall or looked into what new releases from some of my favorite authors are coming out soon. I have been struggling to just find enthusiasm to read period. I’m not sure what is up with me: did my eye prescription change (I know I need bifocals now), am I spending too much time following politics and watching YouTube, is my reading taste changing or am I just not finding a books and authors that trip my trigger lately. All I know is something is up because I am struggling to finish one book a week when I used to read two or three a week. Perhaps it is just burnout or a reader’s version of writer’s block. So I am going to do something different for this quarter of the calendar year. I am going to assign myself ten books to read this fall and hope that I find that passion I seem to have lost for reading lately. So this week’s list is going to be the next ten book I plan on reading this fall, not necessarily ones that are coming out this fall or that I am even excited to read..
Next ten books I plan to read.
- I hope to be getting this book in the mail today. I am reviewing it for the Blogging for Books program and it is one of those adult coloring books that are all the rage right now. SO excited to score a review copy of this book.
- This book will be one of my very next read as it is the last in this three-part novella series that I am reviewing through Net Galley. Need to find out how everything plays out for the crew of the U.S.S. Excalibur!
- This is one of the signed book I won through a giveaway over on Facebook. I do believe I will give this one a go soon.
- This is the only book on this list that has yet to release, it comes out on the 28th or 29th I believe. I’m going to go ahead and break my book buying ban and pick up a copy to read this fall. Maybe some fun fluffy vampire romance will get me out of my reading slump.
- This book is the only carryover from the summer list. I am going to start this brick dammit. I am!
- I saw a preview of the movie that is coming out of this title and it renewed my interest in the series so much that I actually check the book out from my library! It is now sitting on the coffee table waiting to be read after book one and two on this list, so hopefully sometime next week I will be starting it, if I enjoy it I will go ahead and read the second book too.
- This book I am reading for one of the reading challenges. I need a title from the bottom of my TBR list and this one has been on my Goodreads account since 2011 so it qualifies.
- I also need to read a book that I started but did not finish. Now I am big on only reading what I like, hence the name of the blog, but I think I could probably get through this book and check that requirement off my challenge list it will also count as my banned book.
- I need to read a book by an author with the same initials as myself and this author also just happens to have the same first name! I do believe it was a free download for my Kindle App.
- One of the books I am required to read for a challenge is one by Mark Twain. This one looked interesting and I do believe it will qualify for a humor based novel as well.
I went back to check how many books I managed to read from my Summer 2015 TBR post. Of the ten listed I got around to 6 titles, 2 of them DNF, 1 of this was held over for this list, 2are bricks and I’m going to wait until winter to read them and the last 1 I was turned down for an ARC copy so I’ll get to it when I get to it (meaning I’ll borrow it from a library eventually). For the books I picked this time around I selected several titles to work towards finishing up some of my reading challenges for the year (that have now become challenges I hope to finish eventually…).