Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular blog meme, Top Ten Tuesday. This week they as us to share lists on:
July 14: Last Ten Books That Came Into My Possession (bought, library, review copies)
First thoughts are that this is going to be a pretty easy list… Then I started thinking and I’m not quite sure what books exactly to consider. One of my current reads, that is going awfully slow BTW, I’ve actually had for some time now. Also some of the other books that I have bought or rather traded for will not be read for some time yet. I will filter list with unread books as they have been received in reverse order with no regard to if they will be read soon or if I get to keep them (AKA review and library books). Make sense? No. To me either, but lets hope I can remember their titles… (oh yes, not counting books for work, cause who knows what I’ve shelved or cataloged recently)
Last ten books I’ve gotten my hot little hands on.
- Okay, I have a confession. I’ve been buying up cheap second-hand copies of Star Trek novels like they are going out of style. Which they apparently have by the record numbers I am finding in the thrift stores I’ve been going to. In fact I could probably make up this entire list with just Trek books I’ve picked up recently. I’m not, mainly because I can’t remember all their titles. This one is book two in the series of a Net Galley book I reviewed recently that only fanned the flames of my new reading obsession, or soon to be obsession if I ever get caught up on review books….
- This is book one in that series I plan to start my Trek reading adventure with. No I don’t have a problem. Thank you very much.
- This is one of the random Trek books I picked up at a library sale or Goodwill here in Eastern Iowa.
- This is a library audio download. 39 freaking hours long! I am obsessed with it though and quite frankly surprised that I am enjoying it so much. Usually if it won something like the Pulitzer in Fiction that is a huge red flag that I’m going to find it boring. Not so with this one and I’m looking forward to telling you why if I can ever finish the blasted book.
- This is another random audio book that I downloaded to listen to while working outside. With the length of the last one I might not get to this one at all. I should have started with this book cause it is way shorter and actually looked like something I might pick up to read.
- This is a Net Galley book I was delighted to receive for review. I am a fan of three of the authors and am looking forward to reading it soon.
- This is another Net Galley book I received for review. Love this publisher, they are so kind to me! Kensington Books if you were wondering. Lots of great read from them.
- This was a browsing-thought-Net-Galley-and-maybe-I’ll-take-a-chance-and-request-it-because-I-haven’t-requested-anything-in-a-long-time-and-they-will-think-I’ve-keeled-over-from-inactivity request. Now I’m almost regretting it because shortly after I was approved for this title the previous two popped up for me to jump all over and now I’m sitting here with WAY too many review books that I’ve committed to. Must. Read. Faster.
- No clue if I will ever get around to reading this, but it was 45 cents at the Salvation army. I did love the movie and it was already on my to-read list so who knows maybe in a year or two.
- This is the book I am reading for Net Galley review as I am writing up this list. I hope to all that is good in the universe that I freaking finish this book before the list goes live. It is a new series by the author of the Chicagoland Vampires series, which I adore, but took me like three or four books to get into. I’m having flashbacks.
What books have you brought home or downloaded recently?