Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular blog meme, Top Ten Tuesday. First off congratulations to the folks over at The Broke and The Bookish for their success with hosting such a fun and popular weekly blog meme. This week they ask us to share:
June 23: In honor of 5 years of Top Ten Tuesday ( our first Top Ten Tuesday debuted June 21, 2010) — My Ten Favorite Top Ten Topics We’ve Ever Done In The Past 5 Years
I’ve only been blogging for a little over a year and half so I’ve decided to put a spin on this week’s list. I’m going to pick ten topics that were before my blog that I wish I could have participated in. Who knows maybe I will select one of them some week when I’m just not feeling the topic.
Ten Top-Ten Lists I wish I could have done.
- Top ten most intimidating books: This could have been a fun list to think up. I would have to say the most intimidating book on my to-read list right now has to be the Outlander. Just because it is another freaking brick, but also because I’m not sure if I am going to like it. I’m not always a fan of historicals, but the time traveling element has me curious.
- Top ten books that made you cry: I wonder if this would have been an easy or difficult list to think up. I can name three or four books right off the top of my head that made me cry, but would I have been able to go beyond those. The Time Travelers Wife and The Gargoyle would have definitely made this list.
- Top ten books I had to buy but are still sitting on my bookcase: Oh so many books to choose from for this list. I’m too ashamed to even mention a title that would have been on this list… Viper, Raphael/Parish(Bayou Heat), Demons Not Included, Kiss of Surrender…
- Top ten books that I wish could have had sequels: I love series, so most of the books I read have sequels and by the time you reach the end you are ready to let the worlds go. It might have been fund to dig through some stand-alone titles to see which ones I wish had another book. My Name is Memory is one book that would have made that list for sure.
- Top ten most dislikable characters: So many to choose from for this list. It would have been hard to choose just ten. Several characters from Harry Potter come to mind right off the bat…
- Top ten bookish pet peeves: This list could have gone two ways, pet peeves from a story telling aspect or about the physical book itself. I’m thinking I would have chosen of the Physical book itself and #1 would have been NO MORE DECKLE EDGES ON BOOKS. So hate that.
- Top ten reasons why we love book blogging: This would have been a fun list to read. One of the main reasons I love to blog about books is that I love sharing book’s I’m excited about with other readers…oh yea and free books…
- Top ten series I have yet to finish: Oh so many forgotten series. Hush Hush and Resurrection series come to mind when I think of this topic.
- Top ten bookish resolutions: I believe I did something like this for a Monday Morning Check-In post, but it could have been fun for a top ten list too.
- Top ten books I wish I could read again for the first time: There is nothing like reading something for the first time. As I’ve found recently sometimes the magic can’t be recaptured.
There you have my list for this week. It was fun to look back at the different topics that have been featured for this blog meme. I kind of hope that they go back and revisit some of the more popular ones picked this week.