Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular blog meme, Top Ten Tuesday. This week they ask us to share lists on:
June 16: Top Ten Books On My TBR For Summer 2015
Last week life got in the way and I didn’t get around to posting a top ten list. That’s alright because the lists would have been pretty similar with a lot of crossover. So we will just let this one represent some of my most anticipated reads for the second half of the year. So shall we begin.
Ten books I plan on reading this summer (finger’s crossed)
- Releases 6/30/15. It totally made my day when I was approved for an ARC for this book over at Net Galley. It comes out here at the end of June so I better get my butt in gear and start it soon! Great new paranormal series and a really cool author to follow on social media.
- Releases 6/28/15. I am SO excited to read this upcoming release by one of my favorite Indie Authors. First of all the cover is gorgeous, and it is Ms. Rhoades first venture into the sci-fi genre!!! She is on my auto-read list, meaning no matter what she publishes I will read it knowing I’m going to get a great story. But, to have her write a sci-fi book, one of my favorite genres has me chomping at the bit to start this new series! CAN’T WAIT!
- Releases 8/4/15. This is another score over at Net Galley, so while I see Ms. Neill sharing with everyone chapter releases I revel in the fact that I have the whole book sitting on my Nook waiting for me to start. Some days I really love being a book blogger!
- Releases 7/6/15. I found this over at Net Galley the other day and decided to put in a request. I L. O. V. E. Star Trek. Love it, and have been meaning to read one of the many Trek fiction books that are out there in the world. My main hold up was there are so freaking many out there and I didn’t know where to start. From what I’ve learned is you can start pretty much anywhere, with any series and probably be fine. When this start of a new series came up I decided to take a chance on it.
- Releases 7/28/15. This is a Net Galley request that I was turned down for. Sigh…you can’t win them all, but I am still excited to see that Ms. MacAlister is starting a new dragon trilogy. So I don’t get to be one of the first to read it, but I will eventually after it releases in July.
- Released 3/21/15. This book has been out for a while, but I didn’t get my hot little hand on it until last month. I’m hoping I can fit it in sometime this summer. I’m actually a little nervous to start it. The Shadows aren’t really my favorite characters in the series. I’ll read it, but it might be a one time only reading. Hope it is better than I am expecting.
- Releases 8/4/15. This is another book I may break my book buying ban for. This is the second book in a three book story arc in the Dark Hunter series. I loved the first one, one of the best books in the series I’ve read in a while. I’m looking forward to seeing where Ms. Kenyon takes us next.
- Released 10/17/05. I picked this up at a thrift store earlier this year. I’m just waiting for the right time to continue the series. I’ve heard that this book is a bit slower than the others, but with all the spoilers around the tv series on the net I feel like I need to read this and the next one soon just so it isn’t ruined for me.
- Released in 1991. This one is going to count for one of my challenges as a book a friend recommended. It is also another series of brick length books. I want to read it, but if I get swept away with the story I am setting myself up for a major commitment. I need to finish some other books before I start this one…
- Released 1/1/00. The last three books were basically ones to round off the list. One of them will probably be read this summer…maybe. I have this one sitting on my to-read book-case and I’m having the same issue as with number 9. Do I want to commit myself to another long run series before I finish up some of my others. Feel free to lobby for any of your favorites in the comments.
There you have my list of reads for the summer, what do you plan on reading?