Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular blog meme, Top Ten Tuesday. This week they ask us:
March 10: Ten Books For Readers Who Like _________
I’m not feeling too hot today, so this is going to be quick and simple. I decided to fill in the blank with to laugh. So I’m picking ten books that had me laughing out loud at the silly antics and situations the author thought up. All of these are great reads for when you are feeling down or just want some fluff to fill your afternoon. Of course most of them also have a bit of romance thrown in for good measure.
Ten books for readers who like to (or want to) laugh.
- Most anything you read by Ms. MacAlister is going to make you giggle. This is the first book in her Dark Ones series, but her Dragon world is just as fun. I’m not such a fan of her contemporary romance though, and haven’t tried her historicals though.
- This is a finished series that started off really strong but ended kinda weak. Still a lot of fun to read though and it is a nice mix of outrageous situations and some more serious drama.
- This quartet of books sat on my to-read shelf forever. Then #1 was offered for free for my Kindle and I decided to finally get around to reading it. SO funny and a great little series too.
- I’ve sung the praises of this series before. Warning: do not read in public or while eating food/drinking (you will spew). Besides the great wit of the lead character, Charley, there is also the smoking hot Reyes to keep your fantasies warm and a great battle of good vs evil.
- This is another one of my favorite fun reads. The series is like 20+ books long already and some are better than others, but on the whole it is a nice mix of humor/drama/steam.
- OMG This author is so talented when it comes to humor. She is another one where you don’t want to be reading this while sitting in a waiting room, unless odd looks don’t bother you that is or you are better at stifling your giggles.
- I haven’t read a title in this series for some time, it has kinda lost its way as the author has tried out new stories. Still though, give the beginning of this series a try and I bet you will be picking up the rest.
- This book has been on a lot of blogger’s lists over the past year and I’m sure you’ve heard of it. Still a fun read and if you love Big Bang Theory you are going to love this. Book two is just as good too.
- This is another little quartet of books that were way funny to read. I haven’t read anything else by this author, but this series is definitely one to try to tickle your funny bone.
- This series is done and I need to finish up the last three books I think, but if I was to pick one series on this list for most wacky, this would be the one.