Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday. This week they ask us to share:
March 3: Top Ten Books You Would Classify As ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS from the past 3 years (you can extend it to 5 if you need to).
A lot of these lists tend to look the same after a while. Our favorite books are our favorite books and the same ones tend to pop up on my top ten list quite frequently. So this week I am going to twist the list just a little bit and only include books I liked that are pre-blog. Some of the titles might be the same that I’ve shared before, can’t get away from them altogether…, but really, aren’t you tired of seeing me pimp Andy Weir’s The Martian already…
Ten of my favorite pre-blog reads.
- I know, I know this one has been on my TTT lists before. Really though, it is a beautiful story. Why haven’t you read it yet?
- Seen this one before too, but again so beautiful. Made me cry…a lot.
- What is Mr. King doing here? He may have fallen out of my favor and I am no longer interested in reading anything of his anymore, but this was a pretty amazing story.
- This one too. And the Gunslinger series, but that’s about it for King, Alright…I also like the one about dragons (forget the title) and maybe one other. But that is it!
- While this series didn’t get me back into reading as much as the next selection I was pretty obsessed with this series when it came out too. This series is going to be my reread this year. Look for that in June.
- I did just write a blog post, Monday Morning Question: Outgrowing a Story?, but still I have to give credit where credit is due. Without this series I would not be the avid reader I am today. I wouldn’t, even if I don’t love this story as much as I used to.
- All hail Ms. Kenyon! Couldn’t have a list of all time favs without one of her titles here to represent.
- This book was amazing and my favorite in the entire series. Loved the locations, the mystery and that it story completely surprised me in the end.
- Okay it has been a while, more than 20 years since I read this author, but if you like short funny, like don’t even think of drinking anything while reading this, stories about rural life then try this author.
- Okay, I was looking for a last book to round out the list. This story however is very clever and an interesting look at God and creation.
There you have my list folks, I look forward to seeing what books you all share.
(Edited to remove the over abundance of the word like)