Good Morning and welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular blog meme, Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they gave us a freebie, we could pick any theme we wanted for our lists this week. Working in a library I often get suggestions from patrons of books I MUST read. I also see some titles pop up on multiple blogs for review and on lists like this. Like the rest of you I add the ones I’m interested in and roll my eyes at the rest… kidding, kinda… So this week I give you a list of ten popular reads of 2014 that I will be missing out on. If one of your favs is listed here feel free to lobby for it in the comments section and maybe you can change my mind. Probably not though.
Ten popular books of 2014 I won’t be reading.
- Mr. King and I parted ways a long time ago, mainly because I think he is an ass when it comes to other popular authors. Now it is mainly that his style of writing, horror books in general actually, hold no interest for me.
- A historical fiction book set in WWII, no thanks…
- Teenage angst without a paranormal element. I’ll pass.
- The last book I read that was a take on the Wizard of Oz was such a chore to get through that it killed any desire I have to read another one…
- I stuck with this series right up to the last book and decided I was done. I just don’t care how this ends anymore.
- Didn’t this series end already… I actually liked the ending, satisfied with how things turned out so I’m good.
- Bet ya didn’t think you would see a vampire book on this list did ya. I have never been able to get into her vamp series, so looks like I won’t be reading this new title either.
- While I do confess the premise of this book looks cute, I’m still over reading about teenage angst. Hope that changes soon, but this one still won’t be making my list.
- I read to escape not read about other people dealing with everyday problems.
- Now I love books and libraries and book stores, but this just sounds boring…
Alright some of these were a stretch as to be labeled “popular”, but I wanted to round out the list. What titles do you keep getting recommended but have no interest in reading?