Welcome to another contribution to Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share: December 30: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2015 — bookish, blogging or otherwise! There are some definite changes I want to make next year when it comes to reading and blogging. I haven’t really thought them out completely yet, so I’ll use this excellent opportunity to work some of them out.
2015 Blogging and Reading Goals (and two personal)
- Blogging: Change up the look of Read What I Like. I posted some about this yesterday on Monday Morning Question, but I am no longer feeling my blog theme. I want to streamline it, clean up the pages, go with a new color, change it up for the new year. Look for something new to show up on Thursday.
- Reading: Choose a more modest, or relaxed reading goal. I tried to go for 200 books this year. Revised that and shot for 180. I made the goal, but feel like I cheated with reading a bunch of novellas. I am only going to pledge to read 104 books next year. That is two a week, a perfectly respectable goal. When I get behind, I get stressed. Reading should be fun and not a chore. I am gifting myself less reading pressure for 2015.
- Blogging: I would like to participate in some sort of blogging community challenge next year. Not sure what yet, if you have one that you participate in and enjoy feel free to share in the comments.
- Reading/Blogging: Have a reading theme each month. For example I did Novella November in 2014 and will probably do it again in 2015. I’m looking at reading the Game of Thrones Series in January, first three books if I get hooked on them. Other theme ideas: YA month, only library books, sci-fi, Nook or Kindle reads, classic book month, etc. Feel free to suggest theme ideas in the comments too.
- Reading: Request only ARC books that I am really interested in. Authors I already read and only first in series by authors I am unfamiliar with. It is perfectly alright NOT to have a Net Galley book waiting to be read…
- Blogging: Be better about reading and commenting on other people’s blogs. All of you have such great content and I feel bad that I don’t get out and read more of it.
- Reading: Use my new Nook to read more. I must confess, I have gotten hooked on a couple of games on my new toy. I’ve only read a few titles on the blasted thing and I find myself spending far too much time telling little pretend people what to do… Damn free games.
- Blogging: Use social media to promote my blog better. Sure I have a Facebook page that I use pretty regularly, but I am an awful Tweeter. I set up this blog to post my post as they go live but I don’t use most of those accounts otherwise. Bad Blogger.
- Personal: Learn to drink tea. My husband loves tea, we have a whole shelf in our pantry for different teas he brings home not to mention a total of four tea pots. I am tired of only drinking water and my hot cocoa is quickly becoming a high calorie daily habit, so I am going to learn to love tea.
- Personal: Get back on track with my diet and exercise. I’ve lost a substantial amount of weight in my life (230 pounds) and well about 24 of those pound has crept back on this year. I am going to nip this in the bud and re-clean up my diet and get back to exercising regularly. I’ve lost it once I can do it again!