Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they are asking us to share: November 25: Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR. Now I still have a month to finish off some of my books on the Fall TBR list, but so far I’ve managed to read six of them. Add in another three that I hope to get to before the end of the year and I think I’ve done pretty good. Winter is a time of cold and snow here in Iowa and not a lot gets done on the Softa farm. After chores I tend to hunker down under an electric blanket and one or two cats to spend a lot of time reading. This year I do have the added distraction of Hulu, curse you Star Trek shows that I can’t seem to stop binge watching, so we will see how much that cuts into my reading time. Well we are not here to discuss old sci-fi tv shows, no matter how delightful they may be… Here is the list of ten books I hope to read this winter. (After going through my to-read lists I saw there are tons of books I would like to get to this winter, so this is just a partial list. I tried to pick some books that might not have made other top ten lists, so depending on my mood I might not get to many of these books, but they are on my radar.)
- This book is going to be a definite read this winter. I also just found out that Ms. Frost is going to be adding a fourth book to this spin-off series!!! Yay, more Vlad!
- This is also another lock for winter reading. It comes out on Dec 31 and is the last book in this long-run series. Going to be sad to see it end.
- I know this book has shown up on the list before. If I keep reminding myself about it maybe I actually get around to reading the freaking book. It has sat on my home screen on my Nook for ages.
- I’ve talked about this series and how I was saving this brick of a book for winter. Well its winter. Time to start it or shut up about it. I’ve even requested through a book exchange the next two books, hope it is as good as everyone keeps promising.
- I’ve had this book on my to-read for a long time and just last week I was able to get a copy for my Nook for free.
- Can’t have a list without something by Ms. Kenyon…
- I’ve heard good things about this series and managed to get a hold of a copy through Bookmooch.com, so why not.
- This seems appropriate with how much I’ve been watching Star Trek lately.
- I’m thinking of having a YA or Library book reading month next year. Perhaps I will get around to reading this.
- Almost time to continue where I left off in this series, around February I should be able to request this from another library.
There you have it, some of the many books I hope to read this winter. I look forward to seeing what all made your lists.