Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share: November 11: Top Ten Characters You Wish Would Get Their OWN Book (minor or just maybe a semi main character you wish a book was from their POV). Had to do this list because there are so many series that I read where I am waiting, WAITING for my favorite character to get their own damn book already. Please note: this blog post is being written while sick and dizzy so at times it might not make sense or there could be an increase in dramatics and/or swearing.
Ten characters that I wish would get their own freaking story already.
- Lassiter from Black Dagger Brotherhood series: I WANT this character to get his own story in the worst way. He is often made to be the comic relief is recent books, but I know there is more there. PLEASE Ms Ward, give Lassiter his own books already.
- Nick Gautier in the Dark Hunter series: I know, I KNOW, Nick has his own spin-off series, The Chronicles of Nick, but I want to read Nick’s adult story in the main series. Ms. Kenyon says it is coming, so it is just a matter of being patient. Good thing we do have that YA series to tide us over until Nick’s day of reckoning comes.
- Al from the Hollows series: I love Al. I also think he got the short end of the stick as far as H.E.A’s come in this series. I would love to read something more than the 20 page short story from his perspective. We want more Al!
- Reyes from the Charley Davidson Series: Again I know there are some short stories and chapters from Reyes perspective, but that has only left me wanting more! How about a full length book from his P.O.V. I bet Ms. Jones would have fans clawing each other’s eyes out to get their hands on a copy.
- Ian from the Night Huntress world: He is the only character left from the original series to not have his own spin-off series or book. Common Ms. Frost, find some way to redeem Ian and give him a H.E.A.
- Eric from the Sookie Stackhouse series: Not going to hold my breath on this one, and DON’T get me started on how much I hate how this series ended or what a crappy E.A. Eric received. I would though love to be in Eric’s head for a whole book. He was the best part of this entire series. Maybe someday someone will write some fan fiction…
- Seth from the Immortal Guardians series: Seth reminds me of Ash from the Dark Hunter world and I believe his story has the potential to be just as amazing. Hopefully Ms. Duvall will get around to giving this mysterious character his own book cause I definitely want to know more.
- Matthew Clairmont from the All Souls Trilogy: Its Matthew yummy, sexy, dark. mysterious, brilliant Matthew. Need I say more.
- Col or Dov from the Guardian’s of the Race series: Just finished up the soon to be release Guardian’s Patience, which I am hosting a giveaway for an e-copy of the title releasing Nov 15, 2014. This is a great series by Indie Author Jacqueline Rhoades that I enjoy tremendously. Two great characters in this series are twins Col and Dov. They have come a long way in the five books making up this series and I hope Ms. Rhoades gives them their own stories some day.
- Edward from the Twilight saga: Alright I’ve kinda moved on from loving this series to just having fond memories of our time together. However if Ms. Meyers ever decides, and I’m not holding my breath on this one either, to finish Midnight Sun I will gladly read it.