Just a quick note: I have fallen way behind in my reading, and responding to comments as well. I have read them and will set aside some time to respond this week, I promise. Thank you all for all your great feedback! I’m sorry for being such a bad blogger…
Welcome to another contribution to the wildly popular blog meme, Top Ten Tuesday, hosed by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share: August 26: Top Ten Books I Really Want To Read But Don’t Own Yet. This is going to be an easy but frustrating list for me, as I mentioned in a previous blog post I am going on a book buying ban while there is uncertainty at my husband’s plant. So for me there are going to be a lot of books I want, but are going to be unable to purchase. So I am going to twist this week’s list to be ten books I really want to own but will not be buying… I still plan on reading them, but will borrow them from the library instead. Some of these are going to hurt more than others… My book buying ban won’t be forever I keep telling myself.
Top Ten Books I Really Want to buy but won’t be.
- HC (Hardcover) $17.06 @B&N. This one is probably going to hurt the most. I am a huge Kenyon fan and have all the other books in this series. I will still read it, and probably still add it to my collection eventually(used/second hand). This is going to be a new three book arch in the series, so a good time to fall behind I guess. This one is going to be linked to her Avalon series, so perhaps it is a good time to read that one in preparation for this book.
- HC $20.24@B&N.This one is the end of a series. I was going to buy the book, most of them I borrowed from the library, as a way of giving thanks to the author for writing a series I so adored. However I am now going to be borrowing the last one as well.
- HC $19.44 @B&N. This one is going to hurt too. I love Charley and Reyes, but alas I will have to wait in line at the library to get a chance to read what happens next…
- HC $20.25 @B&N. I have enjoyed this world greatly since discovering it in January. I binge read the series in just over a week and almost enjoy this spin-off world more then the main one.
- PB(paperback) $7.99 @B&N. Now I must confess, if I am going to cheat on my book buying ban it will most likely be with a paperback. If you get these the first week or so they are released you can often pick them up for $5.99. So when this book comes out I am going to be sorely tempted to break my vow to not buy books.
- PB $7.99 @B&N. This one is the last in series. I might cheat here too, especially if I find a deal. Apparently I have no willpower…
- PB $7.99 @B&N. This one I will not cheat with, mainly because I haven’t been all that thrilled with the last books. I can wait to borrow this one.
- This one isn’t listed in the stores yet, but it will probably be $7.99. Looking for books to fill out the list. This is a series I have enjoyed, but have been losing interest in, so it isn’t going to hurt that much. Might just set this one aside.
- Nook $2.99 @ B&N. Now this is an area where I might also cheat. This is an independent author who contacted me for a review of her first book in the series. I really enjoyed it, but haven’t gotten around to reading the last two in the trilogy. I would like to find out what happen, but this book is not going to be easily found through the library. I might have to eventually make an exception for the independent authors who only publish in e-format. I’m not sure yet. Then again like I said in the beginning, my book buying ban won’t last forever.
- PB $7.99 @ B&N. Threw this one on the list to round it off to an even ten. Been meaning to read this one for a while now, but just haven’t gotten around to it. Was going to buy it, but now I’ll probably just borrow it.
So lets see if I had bought all the books on my list it would have totaled up to $119.93. An amount I will be saving if I stick to my plan and NOT buy the book, but borrow it through my library. Makes it hurt a little less.