Welcome to another contribution to the ever popular Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they ask us to share: Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling You That You MUST Read (whether because they think it’s a “you” book or it’s just been generally recommended so often). This was a surprisingly difficult list to come up with, and I needed to resort to cheating to make all ten.
I tend to give a lot of book recommendations; through the blog, Facebook, working in a library, etc. But going through my to-read list over on Goodreads I struggled to come up with ten books that people (friends-online and off, patrons, strangers in a book store…) had recommended to me. So to round off my list I picked some titles that I have seen pop up for review multiple times, after all those are recommendations too, I just wanted a list of titles people had personally told me about that I had never heard of before. I do have a lot of books that I add to my list that people say ‘Oh I read that it was good, or such and such’, but I didn’t think those were in the spirit of this list. I wanted to come up with a list of books I had never heard of before and that people said ‘oh you should read this’. Perhaps people do recommend books to me and I have either forgotten the title, whom recommended it to me or read the titles already…I’m going to go with already read, sounds nicer. So feel free to share your recommendations of titles that I shouldn’t miss in the comments section.
Top ten book recommendations
- This one was an honest recommendation, from a friend even, thanks Jen! I had known about the book, and the tv series, but did not add it to my list until Jen recommended it to me. Now I’m just waiting for the right moment to start it when I can dedicate to time to the series if I get sucked in.
- Read this one recently and decided to binge read the series. This is one of those titles I added to my list, but decided to move it up in reading priority upon recommendation from my friend Jackie, that and it was also dirt cheep for the nook one week…
- This one I’m counting because a fellow blogger or two’s comments that they enjoyed and recommended it to me. I think this one has also be recommended by some library patrons as well. I first heard about it through Book Page a publication we get at our library
- This one was already on my to-read list, but I’ve seen it in a lot of reviews and I did have a library patron recommend it last week. Said it was better than book two and she felt it left the series open for continuation. Going to have to carve out some time for this one.
- I read the first book in this series and was torn as to what I thought about it, then Jackie said it got better and recommended sticking with it, so I will.
- See #5
- This one was recommended by a fellow blogger, sorry for not give shout outs guys, but I’m short on time and didn’t want to dig through old comments to figure out who recommended what. Feel free to remind me in the comments. I’ve also seen it on several other blog reviews, so I suggested it as an add to our library collection. Eventually I am going to get around to reading it, maybe when all the books are out, no waiting that way.
- This one has been recommended to me by patrons in the library, and has been all over the blogs that you must be living in a cave to not have heard about this title.
- This was another title that was on my list and then endorsed by a couple of other bloggers. Library patrons though have not been as supportive of this title surprisingly.
- This was another title that I found, added, then received endorsement for.