Hey all, first off I want to apologize for not posting a Monday Morning Question yesterday. All morning I was unpacking and up to my elbows in laundry, then I had a bad afternoon and didn’t feel like posting. Should have scheduled yesterdays post before I even left for vacation. Oh well, live and learn…
Today I’m back though, and ready for another contribution to the Blog Meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, Top Ten Tuesday! This week they ask us to share: Top Ten Books I’m Not Sure I Want To Read (books you may have bought but aren’t sure if you are into it anymore, books you wanted to read but heard mixed things about, hyped books you aren’t sure about — basically any book that has you going, “TO READ OR NOT TO READ?” This was a hard list, not from lack of selection, but for whittling down to ten books from the hundreds that have been on my to-read list for way to long. So after several passes through my shelf over on Goodreads here is what I came up with.
Top Ten Books I’m on the fence over.
- This one has been on my to-read shelf for a while. I was too cheap to just buy the freaking book, wanting to borrow it from the library through ILL. Well to borrow a book from another library you need to wait until it has been out about 6 months before requesting it; new books are rarely sent out by libraries to other libraries, they want their patrons to get first crack at the book (totally understandable). Well 6 months came and went and I never got around to requesting it. It is the last book in this series, and I’m debating if too much time has passed? Do I really need to finish it? I can barely remember what was even happening. What do you think? Should I finish the series or let it go?
- Enjoyed the first book in this series, then saw this book and book 3 for cheap on my Nook. Went ahead and bought them and tried to read this one, but couldn’t get into it. Now I’m regretting buying the two books and feel guilty for not wanting to read them.
- Read all about the hype over this series and suggested it for our library’s collection. Had one patron read it and while she enjoyed the book it took her a bit to get into it. Do I really want to start another dystopian series? They get so heavy… Have you read it? Yay, or Nay, to letting this one go?
- I enjoy both of these author’s vamp series, and even enjoy reading their interactions on Facebook. Now while I do like shifter stories I just haven’t been able to motivate myself to start this series. I have the first two, maybe three books, but just keep putting it off. I don’t know. Have you read this one? What did you think?
- Now I love this author’s paranormal series, Dark-Ones and Dragons, but did not care for the one contemporary romance of hers I read. This one looked right up my alley though being set in the Mediterranean. This is one of the few on my list that I haven’t bought already.
- This one I picked up for a quarter at a library weeded sale. I liked Gaiman’s American Gods and the humor looks like something I might enjoy, but when I picked it up to give it a try I had to set it down cause I couldn’t get into it. So many good reviews thought that I decided to hang on to it and possibly try again.
- I picked this book up thought a book exchange website I belong to. So many people LOVE this series and the tv show, but have warned me that it is complicated and can be hard to follow with all the characters. I’m determine to eventually get around to reading this, but it is a big book, and if I get into it there are 4 or 5 more in the series and I’m not sure I’m ready to commit that kind of time to it yet. Maybe this winter…
- This one I got the same way as #7. I used to love watching the tv show and thought I should give the books a try, but now I’m over the show and I’m not sure I want to read the books either. Especially since I heard they are quite different. Have you read this one? What do you think, try it or let it go?
- I love this author’s other series, Black Dagger Brotherhood, and I read the first one in her angel’s series, but didn’t love it. I picked up book 2 at a sale and just haven’t gotten around to it. I have heard the series gets better, but not for a couple of books yet and I’m not sure I want to invest the time anymore. Sometimes we don’t need to read everything our favorite authors publish. It’s alright to just love one of their series…
- This one has been on my list for a while too. I have a copy, but I’m starting to lose interest in YA vamp books. The adult ones can keep my interest, but the teen ones are just to angsty and full of teenage drama that is starting to get on my 40-year-old nerves.
So there is my list for the week. Feel free to lobby for or against any book on the list, or share others to-read or to avoid in the comments. Look forward to reading all of your lists!