Welcome to another contribution to the weekly blog meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week they ask us to share lists on the following: Top Ten Books I’d Give To Readers Who Have Never Read X (examples: New Adult novels, historical fiction, a certain author, books about a certain topic, etc). I’ve decided to go with vampire books since the are a favorite of mine and I’ve read quite a few different series. I am limiting mine to series where the main story/world centers around vampires and not other paranormal creatures, not that they can’t be a part of the world, but just not the main focus.
10 books I’d give someone who never read vamp books.
- I would recommend this to fans of tv vampire and paranormal shows. It is a fun read with plenty of action, great characters and a nice battle against the establishment feel to this urban paranormal series. It is also a finished series with a spin-off trilogy and some stand alone titles.
- I would recommend this to someone looking for strong alpha males, hot sex scenes and who isn’t easily offended by salty language. It is an urban paranormal as well.
- This is a little less well know vamp series. Somehow I jumped on board when book one was released and have enjoyed this world quite a bit. It reminds me of several other better known series, but still manages to find its own voice. I would recommend this to those that want a complex world and vamps with an ethical standard.
- This series is as popular as J.R. Ward’s and while different is just as good. The series recently survived a major overhaul and reworking when the author jumped the timeline 20 years into the future. I would suggest this one to those who want to try urban paranormal but perhaps could be easily offended by too much foul language.
- This I would recommend to someone looking for a light funny read. The series will eventually take a turn to more serious plot lines, but continues to keep its summer beach read feel.
- I would suggest this one to someone looking for a vamp series set on the west coast with plenty of steamy romance. It still leans more towards the urban paranormal feel though.
- I would recommend this fun finished series to someone looking for a more chick lit vamp book. There are great friendships, it has great wit and dialog and is perfect escapism reading.
- This is another lesser know series that I would recommend to someone who wants to try a YA vamp book. There are only two books and a short story in this little series. For someone who wants paranormal but not necessarily Twilight.
- Another summer beach or chick lit recommendation. This series was a hoot, but has kind of gone off track and slowed in releases recently. Still the first books in this series are great reads and I would recommend to someone looking for a book to make them laugh.
- I would recommend this series to someone looking for an independent author of a vamp series. Her writing reminds me of so many of the more established authors backed by big publishing houses that I read. This is a great series and I think would be a great introduction to those putting their toe in the paranormal genre.