Another addition to the weekly blog meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week they gave us a freebie, we get to pick our own topic. There were some great ones out there that others picked that I was so tempted to steal and use too. In the end I decided to go back through my to-read list over at Goodreads and select some titles that have been on my to-read list for a couple years. So here it is…
- Added to list in May 2012. A friend of mine read this and enjoyed it, so when I saw it in Boarders (see how long ago, Boarders doesn’t even exist anymore) I picked it up. It sat on my night stand for months before being moved to my to-read bookcase. I’ll get to it someday…
- Added to list April 2012. I love everything I have read by Ms. Harper. I think the hold up with this one is I am waiting to find the book at a used book store sometime. I may have to look into ILL this title. (ILL – Inter-library loan).
- Added to list March 2012. The Black Dagger Blotherhood is one of my favorite series. Ms. Ward’s Fallen Angel series just didn’t grab me. I liked book one enough to add book two to my to-read list, but apparently not enough for me to rush out and continue the series once the next book was releases. Still I will continue this series one day. I even have the next two books in my possession waiting for the mood to strike me.
- Added to list Feb 2012. I liked the first book in this series. It is a little different read for me, a world centered around the Fae is not one I normally pick up. The first book was, however, free for a while on my nook, so I gave it a shot. Liked it, added book two and never gave it another thought. I have mooched this book through http://www.bookmooch.com recently, so perhaps I will get around to reading it.
- Added Jan 2012. I really need to read this. It is the end of a series I really liked, but I didn’t want to buy it and none of the libraries I belonged to carried the series. So I waited until it would be available through ILL, usually 6 months after a book is added to collection, then never ordered it. Sigh. Perhaps it was never meant to be, I can’t even remember what was happening again. Care to give me a refresher?
- Added to list October 2011. This book has been out so long that a movie has been made and already gone to DVD (hasn’t it). Added this one when I was still in-love with Twilight. I know where I could get the book, but I’m thinking I might just take this one off the list. What do you think? Should I keep it? Or am I not missing much?
- Added to list in October 2011. I was interested in reading this book long before I knew anything about the Crossfire series, let alone read it. Reading Ms. Day’s more popular series and loving it did prompt me to go out and buy this book. I hope to get to it next month or July at the latest…
- Added October 2011. This book has been on my list for so long, pre-Goodreads account days, that I don’t even remember anything about it or even adding it to my list really. It still looks interesting though, so it stays. Have you read this?
- Added October 2011. Another one that I have been meaning to read for a long time. Many of my Goodreads friends and reviewers that I follow have read this and I am seeing a lot of 5 star ratings. Perhaps I need to try harder to get around to this one.
- Added October 2011. This is another highly recommended series that I want to read eventually. Love books based in locations I am familiar with.
So there you have my list this week. Have you read some of this books? Comment below and convince me why I should move your book up in priority. What books have sat on your shelf for the longest? Do you think you will ever get around to reading them? Should readers have a time limit for keeping a book to-read? After one, two or even five years should we just face facts and realize we may never get around to reading every book that catches our eye.