Welcome to another contribution to the weekly blog meme hosted by The Broke and The bookish. This week they ask us to share 10 books about friendship. I’m going to try, but I don’t think I will be able to come up with 10 books. I tend to read romances, be them paranormal, urban, contemporary and then there are the dystopian which sometimes have strong friendships, but the ones I tend to pick are one character out to change society. Perhaps this explains my lack of real life friendships, I’m not reading about good examples. So here we go I am going to scour my Goodread read list and fingers crossed I can come up with 10…
Top Ten Books I’ve read about or have strong friendships.
- Book one in The Dark Tower series is mainly about The Gunslinger character, but in book two Roland is joined by three companions that will join him on much of his journey to find the dark tower.
- Sure this is a romance, but the lead character has a great group of girlfriends that have her back throughout this four book series.
- Each book in this series features another character from this close-knit group of heroes. It is a great example of people coming together and forming a family.
- I see that this book/series has made several lists today, so why not mine too. Three friends a fight of good over evil to stop he-who-must-not-be-named.
- This is a fun YA series that features Nick and his awkward group of misfits that are constantly finding themselves in the center of trouble.
- Great series that is ending soon. At the heart of each book is Rachel, Ivy and Jenks as they often come together to get Rachel’s butt out of what ever trouble it is currently in.
- Saw this on several lists too. Good JF series, read it a while ago, but has a similar feel to Harry Potter but not quite as good.
- This series has at its heart a group of rebels that are there for each other and fight for the greater good. Think Star Wars crossed with Robin Hood with a dash of Star Trek thrown in.
- Each book in the series features a different Brother in this group of strong alpha males who are out to protect the human and vampire communities from lessors.
- And to end it one NF book about a woman’s search to find friendship.
Can’t believe I made it to ten! Sorry I didn’t comment more on the selections but I am running up against the clock which is telling me I need to get ready for work pretty darn soon. I look forward to seeing the titles you all select, maybe I can expand my horizons a little and find some good examples of friendship to learn from.