Welcome to another edition of the weekly blog meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week the ask us to share ten book covers that we would hang on our walls as artwork. This week’s list was challenging for me to come up with ten covers. Not that there isn’t some great covers in the genres I read, but most of them feature half naked men, are dystopian wastelands, or just strange. Now I appreciate an attractive male specimen as much as the next red blooded straight female, but I don’t want to hang the cover on my wall. So after going through my Goodread’s book list twice below are the covers I came up with to share with you all. Enjoy! (click on the covers to visit book’s Goodreads page)
- This cover is quite lovely and would go nicely with our collection of Turkish souvenirs from past vacations. It would also look nicely in my dinning room after I get around to painting it. Hmm something to look into…
- Are you sensing a theme here. My husband and I have a Turkish obsession and have been know to buy items in a store just because they were made in Turkey. This one would also look nicely in my new dinning room.
- While I enjoyed the books, I have always thought the covers of this series were particularly lovely. Especially in person where the color shifts in the light.
- See just as nice as the first one and looks like any random sunset in the Mid-West. Perfect for an old farm house wall.
- Didn’t enjoy this book that much, only two stars. The cover however is lovely (I know I keep using that word, but it is). I like the greens and the mist, this might go nicely in my bedroom.
- While winter, especially after this one, is not my favorite time of year, this is a very pretty cover. I’d hang it on my wall.
- This is an independent author that I stumbled across a few years ago, and a pretty great series. The cover does not fit the story at all, but still nice to look at I might hang it in a kid’s room.
- Another one that would look nice in a child’s room. #’s 7-10 are more of I think they are pretty rather than I would actually hang them someplace in my house.
- Well this one I might hang. The light play and that everything is in silhouette is really striking (found another word besides lovely).
- Really don’t think I would have a place to hang this one, but I’ve always thought it beautiful. Love the colors and it would look amazing in a teen girl’s bedroom.
So there is my list. Did it surprise you? I kinda did me, the covers I like the best look nothing like most of the types of books I tend to read. I look forward to seeing the covers you all select.