Welcome to another contribution to the weekly blog meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s question was top ten characters that x, you get to pick what x stand for. I tend to read a lot of books that are classified as romance, have a romance in them or feature alpha men. So this week I decided to pick characters that I have had crushes on over my reading adventures. I wouldn’t necessarily call them book boyfriends because A) I am happily married to my biggest all time crush and B)I often love the women these men end up with as much as the men and wouldn’t want to ruin their relationships. Part of what makes their chemistry so attractive is who they are paired with and the dynamics of their relationship. Now there are tons of characters I have had crushes over that I’m sure many of you have had too, so I will try and come up with some that might not make your lists. Links take you to the first book in the series, unless it is a book title then it takes you to that book over on Goodreads.
Top Ten Characters I’ve had a school girl crush over:
SPOILER ALERT FOR #8, you’ve been warned
- Matthew Clairmont from Discovery of Witches Series by Deborah Harkness: This is my biggest book crush ever. Ever. You can friend the character over on facebook, run by the author or the team that runs her facebook pages. I friended Matthew and Diana both and sent them a message about loving their story. I went all fan girl when Matthew replied and was unbearable to live with, I still have it saved over on my account. This is a smart sexy dark character and the only one that I would consider leaving my husband for.
- Torhment from Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward, his book is Lover Reborn: I fell for Torh from early in the series and had to wait 10 books before he got his own story and H.E.A. He went through so much it just broke my heart. I still hurt for him and wasn’t totally thrilled with who he ended up with, but at least he found some sort of happiness.
- Lassiter from Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by J.R. Ward:Please, please give Lassiter his own story and stop making him the comic relief in this series. Lassiter plays a major role in Torhment’s story which might have something to do with why I developed a crush on him too. I love this character and wish he would get more page time.
- Reyes from Charley Davidson Series by Darynda Jones: This is one of my latest crushes. I am almost a stereotype myself, I always fall for these dark alpha bad boys who are kinda on the dangerous side. Reyes is just yummy though, I just can’t get enough of him.
- Bones from Night Huntress Series by Jeaniene Frost: Bones was such a fun character, he was funny, tough and such a great match for Cat. I loved this series and while sad to see it end this year I think it was done beautifully.
- Vlad from the spin-off Night Huntress series Night Prince Series by Jeaniene Frost: Vlad is another one of those alpha males that tends to be on the more serious/scary side. He is not one who you want to mess with, but deep inside you know he a good guy even if he is forced to do awful things to protect those he cares for. One more book in his spin-off series, can’t wait.
- Acheron from Dark Hunter’s Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon, his main story is in Acheron: I had to put Ash on the list, not so much that I have a huge crush on him, he is the only one on this list that I want to have more as a friend than ‘boyfriend’. He is such a complex character and in so many of the books in this series that you can’t help but become obsessed with him.
- SPOILER ALERT!!! Kisten from The Hollows Series by Kim Harrison: I loved this character and had such a crush on him. He wasn’t in the series for nearly long enough as he was killed off. This nearly ruined the series for me. The past few books have brought me back and I’m glad I stuck with this world, but man…I almost didn’t get over the loss of Kisten.
- Charles from Alpha & Omega Series by Patricia Briggs: A lot of people have a crush on Adam in the main Mercy Thompson series, but I’ve always liked Charles in the spin off series better. He again is that series kinda scary alpha male that I’m attracted to in books, but not real life.
- Eric Northman from Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris: I LOVED Eric so much, which is why I did not love how this series ended. So many of the books centered around Eric and Sookie’s relationship that I just don’t think I can ever forgive Ms. Harris for how she sent Eric off at the end of the series.
There you have it my book crushes. Feel free to share your crushes in the comments.