Welcome to another Tuesday and another addition to the blog meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish. Go check them out and join in the fun. This week’s topic is 10 things on your bookish bucket list. I haven’t really given this much thought before. Sure I’m obsessed about books as much as the next book blogger. So anyway here is my list, I’m just going to try and keep it about other things than reading a specific book. If I get desperate I may start throwing in titles…
- To have an autographed book by from all my favorite authors. I have two so far J.R Ward and Deborah Harkness. Only around 6-7 more to go unless my list grows, which it probably will.
- To meet some of my favorite authors, possible to get some of those books signed ;).
- To read 200 books in a year. I’m off to a pretty good start, way ahead of where I thought I would be this year at 49 books so far. Perhaps this year will be the year. My record so far 156.
- To visit some of the settings of my favorite books; New Orleans, England, Washington State, Italy for example.
- To go to a comic con, dragon con, ALA convention or a book conference of some sort. Perhaps meet some of those authors get some books signed.
- To read all the books on my e-readers and to-read book case. Of course to accomplish this I would need to stop buying books. This will probably not happen, but we can dream can’t we.
- To get an ARC book from a series I collect. Even if I can’t keep it, e-arc books expire after so many days, I would love to get to read a book from one of my series before most everyone else.
- Get my husband to actually read a book I recommend. He has started several, said many sound interesting (maybe he is just being kind) but has never finished any…
- Read more classics and actually enjoy them…
- To become a ‘real’ librarian. I work in a small library, but am not a librarian. I would like take the classes to be certified by the state some day, or to go and get a MLS. Of course that is going to seriously eat into my reading time, so for now I’m content to be an assistant. I still get to work around books and help people.
Well here is my list, what is on your bookish bucket list?